Monday, January 21, 2008

Emergency Preparedness FHE

So, tonight we worked on getting our 72 hr kits organied and into easy-to-grab portable packs. The kids were really good about fetching what we needed. I feel pretty good about things now. I still need to get toothbrushes for everyone, and a pair of sweats for Ethan. I'm debating on packing a whole new change of clothes. I figure they'll be wearing something, and can wear PJs while I wash clothes, if needed. Right? We'll see. I may change it up. We could probably use a little more water and easy snack foods as well. I'm a little worried about the weight at this point. I figure if there was a true emergency, we would be able to jump in the car, so weight wouldn't matter as much. If we needed to walk, we could change around the weight as needed. We'll see. I eplained to the kids about how Heavenly Father taught that if we are prepared, we don't need to worry about it. I could see the tension slip away in Logan's facial epression. All in all, a very productive FHE!

No comments: