Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to school!

Ethan is in 3rd Grade and seems to be loving it. He is not a talker with school. Sometimes that good, sometimes I get a call from his teacher. He always has plenty to report with lunch and reccess... He's dong scouts and Hip Hop/Tap Dancing still as well. Very cool.

Logan started Kindergarten and is in heaven! He thinks it's the greatest thing ever! He has his two little girlfriends in class with him. At first, I was concerned that he'd get his feelings hurt when the two of them paired off, but he just plays the girly stuff with them. It's too funny!
Yesterday, Logan got into his first school fight. There was a boy on the playground who was "grumpy grumpy" and kept pushing Logan. He pushed back and told the kid to "stop it!" That got the attention of another boy who started hollering"fight, fight!" To hear Logan's version, he kept blocking and moving around until a teacher pulled the other kid off. He doesn't have any scrapes or bruises, but I also didn't get a call from the principle. Later, I heard him whisper to Ethan that he got a good punch in and the boy said, "OW!" It was so funny to see Ethan put his arm around his little brother and congratulate him on a fight well fought! This morning, however, Logan announced that he was going to work extra hard to make that boy his friend so he wouldn't be grumpy. Logan is such a cutie!

With the two little boys at home, they keep following me around for entertainment. At first I felt guilt that I must have been so busy before that they didn't even bother asking to play. Now, I realize how much Ethan and Logan play with them. I love that they hang out and like eachother! they have their moments, of course, but overall they're all happy together!

No comments: