Isn't he cute!? He was trying to wink. This little darlin has been a bit of a challenge lately. He is always wound tight, and is quick to hit me or call me "dummy". Jared reminds me often that I know Seth loves me to pieces, as if it's wearing on me! We even joke that our 4yr old has terrets syndrome and "dummy" is just the worst word he knows! So anyway, with all this fun stuff going on, it's fun to find the nice moments. Or at least, the moments I laugh about!
We were in the laundry room and I was tying his shoes so we could jump in the car and head out. Seth was doing pretty well until he put his hand against the door to steady himself and it slid, causing him to fall. This was, of course, all my fault, so he started in to calling me Dummy. I started the routine of "That really hurts my feelings... we don't call Momma Dummy... I didn't make that happen, you did... etc..." when he suddenly stopped and started sweetly singing. "I am a Child of God..." At this point, I'm thinking, WOW! my anger management skills are rubbing off!!!until the next line... "with parents NOT KIND!!" I was laughing so hard it through him off and he started laughing and hugging and all sweet things. You gotta give him credit for creativity!! Just for the record, that was a few days ago and he has been VERY sweet and kind. He loves running up and giving me hugs and kisses. He pulls me to the couch for reading just as often as he can catch me. I love my Seth-a-doodle-do!!!
1 comment:
this is the same boy who participated in my favorite child-fight. it went down like this:
*seth sat on logan and refused to get off.
*logan hit seth in the head with a laser gun.
*seth started crying. loudly.
*logan started running down the stairs.
*seth ran to my bookshelf, picked the biggest book on the shelf, ran to the top of the stairs and threw the book at logan's head. he has very good aim.
it was all i could do not to bust up on the spot (i was on my way upstairs to referee by the time the book-throwing happened) and instead make them apologize to each other.
hilarious. seth definitely gets points for creativity in coming up with ways to get back at someone who hurt him. and i look forward to being able to tell the story when he's an adult and can perhaps understand the irony of throwing an ayn rand book at someone's head...
Post a Comment