So, Jared and I were married in sunny CA on 7-11-97. Our first home was a small apartment in Newport Beach, where we lived eactly one year. On our 1st year anniversary, we moved to Mesa, Az. It was a "luxury" apt with a fancy pool and rec room and such. That was fun. Within the year, we started building our first house in Chandler, so we moved to Gilbert for a few months while waiting for that to be complete. Once in the Chandler home, we had Ethan. That was a smaller home in a cluster cul-de-sac. Logan was born there as well. When Jared starting working at home, we were really tight. So, we started building another home a little further out in Chandler. At the time, it was in the same ward, but it split soon after moving in. We were in a rental home in Mesa for a couple months, and that's where Seth was born. We were able to rent that home for so cheap because they were tearing it down for the new 202 freeway to go through. That home had mold. We ended up being in it a little longer than anticipated because the sales manager for the new home turned out to be crooked. He decided he liked our home and lot and started messing with our credit numbers on the application so we wouldn't get it. Needless to say, we got our own lender and were able to get a much better rate, plus they let us keep all the upgrades and benefits for free, since their guy messed up. That was stressful, but it turned out just fine. We were in that home for a little over a year when it became very evident that Jared's traveling was way too excessive and we needed to change our situation. That meant quitting the job, which meant selling the house, which meant moving out of the valley, which meant big changes!! Once that was decided, it all happened very fast and perfect. We sold the house in just a couple days while on our cruise. On our way back to Chandler from Irvine, we were trying to figure out where we were moving to. We were coming up on the turnoff for Utah, so we headed that direction. I really was not thinking Utah, but I was all for prolonging the vacation! We drove towards Matt and Casey's home and started exploring around while waiting to meet them at Austin's baseball game. We liked the area well enough, but nothing was really jumping out. After the game, we went to dinner at Winger's (up near I-15 and Main St in Lehi) and Casey and I started taking all the kids back for bedtime. Matt and Jared came back another direction and ended up "finding" the perfect home for us. They tried taking pictures with the camera phone, but they did not do it justice. I was very skeptical! The next morning, we called our realtor friend here and he knew exactly which home we were referring to! He knew the current owners and builders and everything. He called up Leanne Payne and discovered that there were, in fact, getting ready to sell the home and we walked through that morning and made an offer. We really moved fast on that. After moving in, we kept discovering new things that we loved. I know this is where and when we needed to be right here. We are still learning of more reasons that this is where we need to be, and we've been here 2 1/2 years at this point. After we went back to Chandler to pack up and move out, I really struggled with the Utah part. I had everything I needed... besides Jared... right where I was. It was a custom kitchen, I had great friends and family, and no snow! The fact that Jared didn't really quit his job did not help me, either. It took almost a whole week in the temple to calm me down enough to honestly be ok with it. I learned a big lesson on trusting my husband. Once we got out here, he still traveled a bit, but shortly after, they created a position where he could work from home, and not have to travel!! That turned out to be a huge blessing. Varian really has treated us really well, and we hated to leave the company. His working from home has also allowed us to do important things that we couldn't do before. Some of these blessings include (but are certainly not limited to...) RadKIDs, Mrs. Larsen (Ethan's K teacher), living near some Parkins and getting to see Mom and Dad P more often, Lamoreaux family, Lehi is a FABULOUS place to raise these boys, being able to be succesful in callings that require more time and resources, and lots more. I truly love Lehi. I don't know that we'll be here forever (Jared is talkiong about having more land), but I certainly love being here right now. I tease Jared that he's a city boy, trying to fit in. We have beehives, a dog, a rooster and egg-laying hen, a large garden, and we're building a goat coop right now. We couldn't have that in Chandler! I guess sometimes we need to trust in the Lord so he can put us in a position to receive more blessings!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Why we moved here...
So, Jared and I were married in sunny CA on 7-11-97. Our first home was a small apartment in Newport Beach, where we lived eactly one year. On our 1st year anniversary, we moved to Mesa, Az. It was a "luxury" apt with a fancy pool and rec room and such. That was fun. Within the year, we started building our first house in Chandler, so we moved to Gilbert for a few months while waiting for that to be complete. Once in the Chandler home, we had Ethan. That was a smaller home in a cluster cul-de-sac. Logan was born there as well. When Jared starting working at home, we were really tight. So, we started building another home a little further out in Chandler. At the time, it was in the same ward, but it split soon after moving in. We were in a rental home in Mesa for a couple months, and that's where Seth was born. We were able to rent that home for so cheap because they were tearing it down for the new 202 freeway to go through. That home had mold. We ended up being in it a little longer than anticipated because the sales manager for the new home turned out to be crooked. He decided he liked our home and lot and started messing with our credit numbers on the application so we wouldn't get it. Needless to say, we got our own lender and were able to get a much better rate, plus they let us keep all the upgrades and benefits for free, since their guy messed up. That was stressful, but it turned out just fine. We were in that home for a little over a year when it became very evident that Jared's traveling was way too excessive and we needed to change our situation. That meant quitting the job, which meant selling the house, which meant moving out of the valley, which meant big changes!! Once that was decided, it all happened very fast and perfect. We sold the house in just a couple days while on our cruise. On our way back to Chandler from Irvine, we were trying to figure out where we were moving to. We were coming up on the turnoff for Utah, so we headed that direction. I really was not thinking Utah, but I was all for prolonging the vacation! We drove towards Matt and Casey's home and started exploring around while waiting to meet them at Austin's baseball game. We liked the area well enough, but nothing was really jumping out. After the game, we went to dinner at Winger's (up near I-15 and Main St in Lehi) and Casey and I started taking all the kids back for bedtime. Matt and Jared came back another direction and ended up "finding" the perfect home for us. They tried taking pictures with the camera phone, but they did not do it justice. I was very skeptical! The next morning, we called our realtor friend here and he knew exactly which home we were referring to! He knew the current owners and builders and everything. He called up Leanne Payne and discovered that there were, in fact, getting ready to sell the home and we walked through that morning and made an offer. We really moved fast on that. After moving in, we kept discovering new things that we loved. I know this is where and when we needed to be right here. We are still learning of more reasons that this is where we need to be, and we've been here 2 1/2 years at this point. After we went back to Chandler to pack up and move out, I really struggled with the Utah part. I had everything I needed... besides Jared... right where I was. It was a custom kitchen, I had great friends and family, and no snow! The fact that Jared didn't really quit his job did not help me, either. It took almost a whole week in the temple to calm me down enough to honestly be ok with it. I learned a big lesson on trusting my husband. Once we got out here, he still traveled a bit, but shortly after, they created a position where he could work from home, and not have to travel!! That turned out to be a huge blessing. Varian really has treated us really well, and we hated to leave the company. His working from home has also allowed us to do important things that we couldn't do before. Some of these blessings include (but are certainly not limited to...) RadKIDs, Mrs. Larsen (Ethan's K teacher), living near some Parkins and getting to see Mom and Dad P more often, Lamoreaux family, Lehi is a FABULOUS place to raise these boys, being able to be succesful in callings that require more time and resources, and lots more. I truly love Lehi. I don't know that we'll be here forever (Jared is talkiong about having more land), but I certainly love being here right now. I tease Jared that he's a city boy, trying to fit in. We have beehives, a dog, a rooster and egg-laying hen, a large garden, and we're building a goat coop right now. We couldn't have that in Chandler! I guess sometimes we need to trust in the Lord so he can put us in a position to receive more blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment