This is a poem that my sister-in-law, Jennica wrote. While my kids are all in great sleeping starges right now, I certainly remember these nights!!!!
Sleep
Oh peaceful sleep where art Thou?
I have glimpsed thee in my wake,
I have felt Thee pass right by me,
before the dawn doth break.
I have watched Thee in my children,
when daylight duties call,
Thou whispers to their eyelids,
as soon as dusk doth fall.
Thou hast danced around my household,
leaving peace on some inside,
I see thy footprints resting,
on the face of those you find.
But beauty though thy peace doth leave,
I’ve a question on my mind:
Why with all your wandering,
dost thou leave me behind?
Thy wandering wakes the children,
who separately wake me,
And before the sun comes knocking,
I’ve still not calmed their pleas.
When the dawns rolls in beside me,
it brings with it my day,
which in even if you whisper,
there is no time to lay.
So please do me a favor,
though you may leave me behind,
and rest upon my children,
in one long space of time.
Take from me thy beauty,
in thy wanderings of night,
but also take my screaming children,
until the world doth light.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment